The hospitalist department, partnering with MedOne, is comprised of physicians whose primary focus is the general medical care of hospitalized patients, who do not have a
physician or whose primary care physician prefers to have an on-site medical team in charge of coordinating care.
Hospitalists are admitting physicians who spend their workday in the hospital and are readily available to a patient. They coordinate treatment and consult specialty physicians when needed. They are able to respond immediately to test results and changes in a patient's medical status, which reduces variation in care and length of stay for a patient as well as increases patient satisfaction.
The hospitalist will:
- Assess and treat your medical condition.
- Coordinate your hospital care.
- Review your progress with your physician.
- Establish a relationship with you and your family.
- When discharged, transition medical care back to your primary physician, who will resume responsibility for ongoing outpatient treatment.