Skilled rehabilitation services are included in the plan of care for patients who are in a stable condition and would benefit from physical, occupational and speech therapies. Our skilled rehabilitation program is customized to meet the needs of each patient as they progress through recovery. The goal of our skilled rehabilitation program is to increase the independent functioning of the patient.
A typical skilled rehabilitation patient may be suffering from one or more of these diagnosis:
•Stroke •Orthopedic Disorder •Amputation
•Severe Arthritis •Trauma •Neuromuscular Disorder
What is therapy?
is a skilled treatment that helps individuals achieve independence. It includes the following:
- Customized treatment programs aimed at improving abilities to charry out activities of daily living.
- Comprehensive evaluation of home environment and recommendations on necessary modifications.
- Instructions to family members and caregivers on safe and effective methods of caring for individuals.
Physical therapy is a skilled treatment that helps restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease. It includes the following:
- Restore/maintain individuals with disabling conditions such as low back pain, arthritis, heart disease, fractures and head injuries.
- Test and measure strength, range of motion, balance and coordination, posture, muscle performance, respiration and motor functions.
- Determine ability to be independent in the community after injury or illness.
- Develop treatment plans describing a treatment strategy, its purpose and anticipated outcome.
Speech therapy is a skilled treatment that helps to prevent disorders in speech, language, cognition, communication, voice, swallowing, fluency and other related disorders. It includes the following:
- Design and develop equipment or techniques for diagnosing and treating speech problems.
- Provide direct clinical services to individuals with communication or swallowing disorders.
- Counsel individuals and their families concerning communication and treatment and show them communication-enhancing techniques to use for when the patient returns home.