Geriatric Psychiatric Services at Marietta Memorial Hospital is a recently remodeled 17 bed secure unit for senior adults who are experiencing psychiatric symptoms that require 24-hour acute inpatient treatment.
Our treatment team provides each patient with an in-depth nursing assessment and psychiatric evaluation upon arrival, where problems are identified and an individualized treatment plan is developed within 24 hours. Some medical management is available at the unit. A patient whose principle diagnosis is medical wouldn't be appropriate. Psychiatric Services accepts patients 24 hours 7 days a week.
Patients are provided individualized nursing care, individual and group therapy, medication management, and consultation to other disciplines as needed. Our treatment team includes psychiatrists, nurses, mental health technicians, social workers, and a certified music therapist.
Making a Referral
- Call the unit directly and make a referral.
- Directly contacting one of our admitting psychiatrists.
- Having a current treatment provider (psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist or family physician) call the unit and request an admission.
- Being evaluated in our Emergency Department.
- Through consultation on the medical floor or request for transfer from another hospital.
Please call the number listed below to make a referral.
(740) 374-1501 - Nurses Station
(740) 374-1505 - Fax