Please contact the patient representative at (740) 374-1541, (800) 523-3977 or ext. 1541 if you have questions or concerns about your hospital care or charges.
Memorial Health System enforces an extensive safety program to ensure the safety of all patients, visitors and personnel. If there is a fire or disaster drill while you are here, please do not be alarmed. These drills are a necessary and vital part of the hospital’s safety program. For your safety all hospital staff and authorized personnel, like consultants, volunteers and contractors wear name badges.
Security officers, are on duty at all times to help with safety and security concerns. Weapons (including firearms) are prohibited on Memorial Health System property. Anyone carrying a weapon will be asked to remove the weapon from the property or leave it with Protective Services.
Partners in Safety
Patient safety is a top priority at Memorial Health System. We are constantly working to provide a safe, caring and pleasant environment for our patients. However, there are many ways you can contribute to your own care and safety:
• Ask questions and share your concerns with your doctors and nurses
• Pay attention to the care you are receiving
• Ask about handwashing
• Know what medications you are taking and why
• Bring with you to the hospital a list of all medications, doses and when you take them—including over-the-counter medications
• Ask for information about your condition
• Provide details about your medical history as well as symptoms you are having
• Be sure you understand the information you receive
• Get the results of tests and procedures