Please contact the patient representative at (740) 374-1541, (800) 523-3977 or ext. 1541 if you have questions or concerns about your hospital care or charges.
Marietta Memorial Hospital enforces an extensive safety program to ensure the safety of all patients, visitors and personnel. If there is a fire or disaster drill while you are here, please do not be alarmed. These drills are a necessary and vital part of the hospital’s safety program. For your safety all hospital staff and authorized personnel, like consultants, volunteers and contractors wear name badges.
We have a Security Department with fully trained security guards on site 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. They routinely conduct tours of the campus during their shift. We utilize closed circuit TV to monitor parking lots and critical access doors. Two-way radios and cell phones are also utilized for security communication.
After visiting hours, we lock down the building to restrict access to the upper floors of the hospital and require visitors to register for a visitor’s pass at the nurses station.
Partners in Safety
Patient safety is a top priority at Marietta Memorial Hospital. We are constantly working to provide a safe, caring and pleasant environment for our patients. However, there are many ways you can contribute to your own care and safety:
• Ask questions and share your concerns with your doctors and nurses
• Pay attention to the care you are receiving
• Ask about handwashing
• Know what medications you are taking and why
• Bring with you to the hospital a list of all medications, doses and when you take them—including over-the-counter medications
• Ask for information about your condition
• Provide details about your medical history as well as symptoms you are having
• Be sure you understand the information you receive
• Get the results of tests and procedures