Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Marietta Memorial Hospital Receives Healthgrades Americas 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Interventions
Marietta Memorial Hospital’s Coronary Interventional program today received Healthgrades Americas 100 Best Hospitals Award for being the leading provider of information to help consumers make an informed decision about a physician or hospital. The findings are part of American Hospital Quality Outcomes 2013: Healthgrades Report to the Nation, which evaluates the performance of approximately 4,500 hospitals nationwide across nearly 30 of the most common conditions and procedures.
Patient outcomes are important to consumers making choices today about hospitals. According to new research conducted by Harris Interactive for Healthgrades, 86% of Americans in 27 top designated market areas agree they would be more likely to choose—or not choose—a hospital if they could learn ahead of time the mortality rates for a certain procedure.
Marietta Memorial Hospital HealthGrades awards include:
- One of HealthGrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention™ in 2013 Cardiac
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Coronary Intervention Excellence Award™ in 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2013
- Ranked #5 in OH for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 5 in OH for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2013 (Ranked 5 in 2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Cardiology Services in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
“We are proud of the cardiac care we provide to our community,” says Memorial Health System president & ceo Scott Cantley. “Cardiac care is one of our signature services. Our patients experience excellence every day and it is validating to have it recognized nationally by an independent, quality rankings organization.”
According to the Healthgrades study, the risk of death is 58% lower at hospitals receiving 5 stars versus all other hospitals. The 2013 performance outcomes are now available free to the public at www.healthgrades.com.
“This recognition is the result of the daily focus of Marietta Memorial Hospital physicians, nurses and staff on exceptional patient care and high quality outcomes," said Scott Cantley, president and CEO of the Memorial Health System. “It is the knowledge, skill and dedication of these teams who collaborate for our patients, and create a caring culture combined with clinical excellence that is unique in our area.”
For its 2013 hospital quality outcomes analysis, Healthgrades evaluated approximately 40 million Medicare hospitalization records for services performed from 2009 through 2011 at approximately 4,500 short-term, acute care hospitals nationwide. Healthgrades independently measures hospitals based on data that hospitals submit to the federal government. No hospital can opt in or out of being measured, and no hospital pays to be measured. Mortality and complication rates are risk adjusted, which takes into account each hospital’s unique population (demographics and severity of illness).
The American Hospital Quality Outcomes 2013: Healthgrades Report to the Nation, including the complete methodology, can be found at www.healthgrades.com/quality.
About the Memorial Health System: The Memorial Health System encompasses two hospitals, a nursing home, occupational health program, a retirement community, physician group and Foundation; all working to ensure local access to healthcare for you and your family. Additional clinical achievements reached within the system include:
- 5 star rating for Joint Replacement for 2 consecutive years (2011-2012) – Selby General Hospital
- Ranked Among the Top 10 in OH for Joint Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2011-2012) – Selby General Hospital
- Five-Star Rated for Total Knee Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2011-2012) – Selby General Hospital